Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Chapter 24

Into Another World Chapter 24

“So, Pitt’s finest, you can start playing again,” Dr. Carr stated before continuing on. “Now, ‘play’, is a very general word. What I mean by play, is go out to practice, run, do a few drills, but don’t sprint. You can jump and all that fun stuff, but no sprinting for a few more weeks,” my doctor concluded, writing me a note with all the information he just threw at me.

Apparently my knee was the best thing Dr. Carr’s seen since… well he couldn’t remember. I thought that was pretty miraculous, seeing as I have an extremely low pain tolerance, but Sidney says he almost expected it from me. He says I’m a fighter; I’d like to think I am, and if he thinks so, then I must be, seeing as he’s always right.

“So just go see your physical therapist once more to have him check you out and make sure he’s done with you, and if you have any questions, I’m sure Todd’ll know,” he finished, opening the door to walk out. “And Mr. Crosby, I’ll be watching you play Washington tonight,” he said with a wink before walking out of the room completely.

I looked over at Sidney and his scruffy playoff beard that was beginning to get a little greasy, and jumped onto his lap before he could get out of his seat. I straddled his torso, something I hadn’t done in a long time, and kissed his neck, trying my best to avoid his beard.

The feeling I had was indescribable. I felt like running down the hallway screaming at the top of my lungs. I felt like skipping through a field of daisies, and most of all, I felt like going home with Sidney and doing some pre-game warm-ups.

“Did you hear that? I can run, I can play, and I can jump. I can do anything,” I said, smiling what seemed like the biggest smile ever.

“I see that,” he said with a slight smile and a hint of sarcasm to his voice, but I ignored it and pulled him out of the chair after I stood up, leading him down the hall to the checkout counter where I paid my co-pay and bound into the elevator all within five minutes.

Once the elevator doors were shut, I kissed Sidney with the most passion I’ve felt for anything in a long time. I separated myself from him when the elevator came to a stop, and he had a completely bewildered look sketched across his face.

“There’s more where that came from,” I said with a wink and a tap on his huge ass before walking out of the elevator with some swing to my hips. I never quite realized how much I swung my hips until I couldn’t do it with my brace and now that it was gone, I was going to be back to normal.

“I have an appointment with Ken in about an hour,” I stated once we got out to his car. “Drive me?” I asked with a cute little smile and a kiss on his lips. I knew he wouldn’t say no to me either way, but I figured I’d give him some sort of incentive. He looked at me with burning eyes and I could tell he was willing to do anything for me at that given moment. Love.

“Do you have time to, oh, I don’t know,” he started, shrugging his shoulders and glancing at the ground before looking back at me with those same burning eyes. “Maybe do some extracurricular things before your appointment?”

“Ohh, what do you have in mind?” I asked, catching his drift and drawing closer to him, placing my arms around his neck. I could feel his hands slide across my ass and give it a quick squeeze before he looped his fingers through my belt loops and pulled my hips closer to him.

“Use that creative mind of yours,” he said, kissing my neck. I craned my head away from his lips, relishing the feeling his lips created on my skin.

“I might possibly have time… if we hurry on back to your place,” I said, letting out a small moan of contentment, feeling his hands run across the bare skin above my jeans and below my shirt.

“Who said anything about going back home?” he asked with a devilish grin, backing me into the side of his Range Rover and running his hands up and down my sides under my shirt.

As much as my mind was telling me, ‘Abort abort! Bad idea!’, I really, really, wanted to have hot sex with him in the back of his car for the second time, but this time I wouldn’t have a big brace hindering me. This time with a purpose, not just because he was in a good mood. This time because I wanted him, and he wanted me. This time, because I’ve never felt more for someone in my life.

He opened the door to the Range Rover while I wasn’t paying attention and began to back me inside. I was sitting on the seat with my legs still dangling out the door when he began to pull at my shirt, but before he could get it off, I pulled him into the Range Rover with me and shut the door.

-

“You have a certain… glow about you today…” Ken said when I walked, yes walked, into physical therapy on that breezy May day.

“Uh, yeah…” I sat down on my usual table and rolled my pant leg up for him to look at my knee for my final physical therapy, hopefully, ever.

“Why are you so sweaty?” he suddenly asked, pulling on my leg to make sure the ligament healed the way it was supposed to.

“I’m just super excited that I get to play…?” I said it almost like a question, and Ken, with his super senses, picked up on the fact that I was lying almost immediately

“Whatever you say Mrs. Crosby…” he stated, smiling his impish little smile that I had seen way too much of in the past three months.

“We’re not married, Ken,” I snapped at him, losing my patience with his childish little games.

“Alright. Let me know when you two DO get married. I want to see proof of this.”

“Oh you’ll get proof. I’ll send you our wedding picture, SIGNED by one Sidney Crosby,” I stated with a smirk. “And I’ll be back, with the Stanley Cup in tow, when they win.”

“Whatever you say. Anyway, your knee. This is the best post-op knee I’ve ever seen. Ever. Let me emphasize that. EVER. You can thank your genes for that,” Ken said with slight shock to his voice. It’s kind of ironic, seeing as all I ever did when I was younger was complain about how I got all the bad genes in the family, and now, these bad genes, were coming in handy.

“Thanks?” I said it almost like a question, wondering if there was some hidden insult behind what he was saying.

“No I’m serious,” he stated, stepping away from the table and looking at me with that look that made me blush no matter how much I looked away. I wanted to slap him across the face when he did that. He’s married for God’s sake and hello, I’m dating Sidney Crosby.

“Well, thanks. Sid’s waiting for me in the car, so I’ll see you around,” I said, sliding off the table and walking out the door, for the last time, pulling on my jacket as I went. I was finally rid of that place for good. I never had to go back in there again. I never had to do leg lifts or calf raises ever again. I was free of my knee. I felt like flying.

3 comments:

  1. yay! im glad that she was released and haha the sex in the back of the range rover. lol good touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm hot sex in a Range Rover :)

    haha YAY! Her her knew is better :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh damn, I wanna take a ride in this infamous Range Rover. ;)

    I'm glad her knee is better (I know what it's like to have a serious knee injury...) and that she's back to her old self. (:

    ReplyDelete